Hit Play: Healing Songs for Days Hard to Get Through

April 20, 2018

Related image




I can attest to music curing or at least being a crutch to lean on without consequence in my worst moments, and surely many of you can relate. No matter the severity of your mood or issues we can all use something to distract, alleviate, or lighten the stress and hardships of life. Sleep especially can often be difficult to catch up on and the right songs can lull me right into dreamland despite my active negative thoughts.

All this being said, I've created a playlist of healing songs in the hopes to ease some of your hearts and get through the week a little more light on your feet than before.


IU - The Shower


Without a doubt, my #1 outright goddess. IU aka Lee Ji Eun has been in the industry for a decade and at only 24, has become a national treasure, garnering numerous awards (including the first female to win a producing award) and dozens of records broken for streaming. 

Carla Bruni - Darling


Carla has seemingly accomplished everything in life. Supermodel in the 90's, singer-songwriter, actress, and has been France's first lady. She's truly a woman to admire and her lyrics certainly don't fall short in conveying her emotions.

Shakira - Dia de Enero


Shakira can put anyone in a good mood with all her party anthems, but the real fans know the soul lies in her oldies and slowed down songs.

Sade - Pearls


I'm thankful to have grown up with Sade's #1 fan for a brother, because I was able to fall in love her sultry, soothing voice more and more as I've gotten older.

Hebe Tien - Learning From Drunk


Hebe Tien's ballads pierce through your heart without mercy, but in songs like this her vocal power proves its ability to span across genres flawlessly.

Kali Uchis ft. Tame Impala - Tomorrow


As a fan of both, I was intrigued to see how well they could mesh together artistically and they really whipped up one of my top b-sides of the year. Can't wait to see this girl continue to rise.

Yoona - When The Wind Blows


Not even being in Girls' Generation's vocal line, Yoona came out with one of the loveliest releases last year, showcasing the simplistic, effortless beauty of her voice and visuals.

Beach House - Lover of Mine


This duo carried me through my teens with their dreamy, otherworldy sound like a beacon in the night. If the voice sounds familiar, you might recall lead singer Victoria Legrand's collaboration with Grizzly Bear on Twilight's New Moon Soundtrack.

SZA - Drew Barrymore


I mean... how could I not include this on the list. Universal favorite and queen.

Waa Wei - 你啊你啊


She's one of a kind. Waa Wei goes acoustic, teal hair and indie rock, surreal flower forests and French lyrics... I never know what to expect but am always anticipating what's next.

Kehlani - Honey


Almost makes you wanna fall in love... almost. Kehlani continues to grow stronger with every round of new music.

Jung Seung Hwan - An Ordinary Day


I talked about My Mister in my last post about my current watchlist and had to circle back to introduce its soundtrack. It softens the blow of the painful topics throughout each episode and stays with you after you finish each week.

Here Is Home - Ryn Weaver


Ryn... if you're out there... please give us another album. The Fool was such a fantastic debut that I can go back and listen through a million times, salivating at the thought of her future records.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe