Beauty Recap: Blanc & Eclare Serein Hydrating Luxury Mask

March 07, 2018

Sheet masks have made their way into the Western world as a skincare staple at a steady pace over the past few years, and have found a very fond spot in my heart as well.


Image result for victoria beckham sheet mask

These masks originally hailing from Eastern Asia, are essentially thin, face-shaped (or at least the best they can manage to fit the faces of all walks of people on Earth) pieces of fabric that are completely soaked in potent serums designed to basically marinate your face in skin goodies.

As someone with combination skin, I know others, like me, tend to neglect proper hydration which is key to having smooth, supple, happy skin. Keeping your face hydrated will NOT make it more oily, but could in fact be exactly what your skin is begging for. Overproduction of oils can often be caused by lack of skin hydration, thus causing your insides to try and overcompensate and make you look like a grease ball. 

My experience trying out dozens of products has had its ups and downs, but I have never had a poor experience with sheet masks. If I've had a stressful week or am experiencing hormonal changes, I know my skin is gonna show it. My go-to trick for making these times more bearable is putting a sheet mask on overnight and waking up with soft, calm skin. Depending on the ingredients, the masks can even tone down redness that improves the appearance of worrisome blemishes.

I recently fell in love with a pack of sheet masks I had purchased from Blanc & Eclare.

Korean-American superstar Jessica Jung started her luxury brand Blanc & Eclare in 2014 and has since blossomed into an international businesswoman. B&E mainly focuses on eyewear and ready-to-wear, but to my surprise upon visiting their Soho brick-and-mortar, they also have a line of skincare products.

The line is supposed to be fitting for all skin types, but please make yourself aware of ingredients anyway just to be sure it is okay for you to use. 


I chose the Serein Hydrating Luxury Mask (blancgroup.com, 5 masks for $22) which is formulated with niacinamide, glycerin, and ceramide. These ingredients are known for their hydrating and anti-aging properties. When left on overnight, I can see and feel that my skin has improved in texture and brightness by a mile. Since these are on the pricier side, I use them when I'm in dire need of self-care or have something special planned the next day cause they do pack a punch. 

B&E also have sheet mask sets to target brightening, firming, and skin soothing. They are dermatologist tested and made in Korea, which have banned animal testing as far as I'm aware. 

Are there any masks you've grown attached to? Preferences of mask types? Comment with your faves below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe