Hit Play: Songs That'll Put a Spring in your Dragging Autumn Step

September 20, 2018

Image result for anime music gif

Since my last playlist share faired well with you all and the impending doom of holiday stress is on the horizon, I thought I'd expand on the mood brightening selections to give you all a pick-me-up this week.



Zico ft. IU - Soulmate

Even after listening for the millionth time since it dropped at the end of July, I can without a doubt say, this song is the most foolproof method of making me smile. Zico when producing softer, romantic sounds seems to flourish, and creates harmony with the sweet tinge of IU's voice.

Janelle Monáe - Wondaland

With a surge in her popularity (including in the film industry) and way of moving about with genre experimentation, I wished to pay homage to when I first fell for Monáe's crystal clear star power earlier on in her career. At the time of ArchAndroid, she was already playing the cool indie kid with her homages to Fritz Lang's sci-fi works and dipping toes into political expressionism.

Ikkyu-san - Wednesday Campanella

KOM_I and Kenmochi Hidefumi are magic together. The song plays off the Japanese anime of the same name, telling everyone to follow in the footsteps of Ikkyu and use your wits to fight against the overbearing and fun-devoid people of society.



Although I was unable to find a way to create a live player for the full list, the songs should all be available on iTunes and Spotify for your streaming/purchasing needs. Happy listening!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe