In Review: Drunk Elephant

February 01, 2019

Image result for holographic face gif

Derived from the idea that African elephants get drunk off the fruit of Marula trees, Drunk Elephant and its start product marula oil have made a splash amongst beauty bloggers, vloggers, and celebrities alike after its mystical appearance in stores across the nation in recent years. When any brand begins to build a ton of hype, I think it's safe to say we all have our suspicions. My funds are not that of a hotel heiress's in the least, but I was finally able to get my hands on some of their products since Sephora carries travel sized sets now. (You can find links in my last skincare post here

Tiffany Masterson, DE's founder, was at war with her own skin before developing the 100% clean and sustainable line made of natural, non-disruptive, pH balancing, fragrance-free ingredients. According to their site, she basically has the same skin as I do aka, "combo, oily-in-the-T-zone, "sensitive" (or so I thought), occasionally break out prone, out-of-balance, with mild rosacea and visible pores," which just as she states, is beyond frustrating to deal with. The idea is to be able to treat all skin types as gently and effectively as possible by steering clear of synthetic components like silicones, alcohols, and dyes that can further aggravate your face without you ever even realizing it. 

If you were hoping to see me talk about the Sukari Babyfacial, hate to break it to you.. I have yet to try it. I did put a bit on the back of my hand not too long ago while browsing and yeah, holy shit, all this dead skin came off I thought my hand was about to regenerate. In all the reviews I've seen it can be extremely intense for those who have yet to experiment with chemical exfoliants and it's recommended you only use it 1-2 times a week.


C-Firma Day Serum

Vitamin C is all about bling bling skin. You need to brighten up, Vitamin C serums are where to direct your dollar. What I find most unique about this serum is the pumpkin ferment extract, which is the first whiff you get out of the pump. I'm not kidding it's like you cracked open a can of pumpkin puree on Thanksgiving morning. The cool thing is it's meant to smooth your skin texture and deal with dead skin cells without making you go through the gross snakeskin process. 


B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum

Ah, I cannot buy enough hydration promoting products. I already use a thicker moisturizing serum from Pyunkang Yul before my moisturizer pre-makeup application, BUT, putting a little of this helps seal the deal. Vitamin B5 is a hydra-magnet that helps you attract and withhold moisture throughout the day. It's basically making the sponge under your skin more absorbent to the right things.


T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

The perfect exfoliant for sensitive babies. It does all the work while you rest thanks to the AHA combo of glycolic, tartaric, lactic, and citric acids that resurface your skin leaving it brighter and more even by the time you wake up. (Or at least in a week's time) There is an added kick of salicylic acid to really get in on unwanted sebum build-up, but the raspberry extract soothes and repairs the skin so none of these bad boys cause any strife. 


Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil

Fear not my oil-reluctant friends, this one's a keeper. I can totally see why elephants are a fan. Minor red blotches that amounted from stress have ceased to exist on my face thanks to the detoxifying power of Marula which is fueled by infinity stone-level antioxidants plus omegas 6 and 9. I especially recommend purchasing this if you live in a highly polluted location since it fights environmental factors and free-radicals that can ruin all your hard self-care work.


Needless to say my face is smooth and glowy as a tropic avocado. If you're interested in any of these products or other products of theirs, they can all be found and purchased on their site drunkelephant.com







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe